Staying safe when buying and selling on epage.lk
Here you can find advice on how to stay safe while trading on epage.lk .
How to sell safely ?
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery.
- Use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if there is a request for a bulk order. Ask the buyer to provide photo ID and proof of address.
- Do not share your financial information
How to buy safely ?
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers.
- Collect the item and pay at the same time
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Purchase items directly from the seller.
- In case of electronic goods, cars, and bikes you should test the functioning of the item before purchase. Verify vehicle chassis number.
Reporting a safety issue
If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam, please report your situation to us immediately. If you have been cheated, we also recommend that you contact your local police department.